Principal-in-Charge of Design
- Understand all aspects of the client brief (program) and design direction set by the principal-in-charge
- Prepare and develop required drawings, models, images and other documents relating to the design
- Assist and further advance the design direction set by the principal-in-charge
- Liaise, where appropriate, with client reps and external members of the design and engineering team
- Manage, maintain and organize all project documentation (e.g.: drawings, project binders, photography, and Basecamp information) and establish ‘project standards’ relating to all information for members of the project team
- Attend and conduct project design and construction stage team meetings, record all meeting minutes, and manage all required follow-through tasks
- Prepare for and attend all required governmental regulatory and design review meetings, assisting the principal-in-charge in delivery of presentations, or in his absence, deliver such presentations
- Manage and mentor all junior level team members; manage and provide guidance to all assisting team members both internal and external to the MMA team.
- Fulfill the practice’s overall objective in producing first-class architecture on time and on budget with accurate, well-organized, and intelligently conceived, contract drawings and specification deliverables
- Contribute and otherwise assist, as required
Qualities and Skills Required:
- Candidate must be able to take direction from the principle-in-charge and complete project management tasks in an organized and efficient manner
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal; the ability to communicate effectively to clients and review boards
- Proficiency in a CAD or BIM application for deliverables of construction documentation
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Effective drawing skills
- Flexible Attitude
- Experience using Nemetschek Vectorworks Architect CAD/BIM software
- Experience using SketchUp, Rhino, formZ or other 3D modeling software, including renderers
- Experience using online project management tools such as Basecamp
- Ability to use some of the following: AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, PowerPoint, Harvest, Bluebeam, Google Documents
- Experience with Mac OS X platform
There are currently no vacancies for this position.
Other Positions at MMA
There are currently no vacancies. Please check back with us.
error: Content is protected !!